9/24/2007

Reviews

I haven't been updating much (or at all), so a friend of mine suggested that I blog about media I consume. Since the fall TV season starts this week, I'm kicking off my new show reviews. I'll only review shows that I watch, but I'm giving a try to a lot of shows this year. I'll also try to review Kansas City theatre. I go to a lot of shows, both professional and community, so if you do theatre and I review your show, feel free to comment back. Also, if there's a show you think I should see, let me know. I'll give it a try and review it here.

Here's a listing of the new TV shows I'm watching this year:
Monday
Aliens in America - CW (great, though slightly cliched, idea. Execution looks good)
Chuck - NBC (appealing cast and fun premise, widely praised by critics)
Journeyman - NBC (lead actor is talented, execution may not be great)
Tuesday
Cane - CBS (Jimmy Smits and a fine cast make this look good)
Reaper - CW (looks hilarious, despite some vocal opposition people I know)
Wednesday
Kitchen Nightmares - Fox (see review)
Pushing Daisies - ABC (fun conceit and production design make me look forward to this show)
Bionic Woman - NBC (reimagining of 70's show from producer of Heroes)
Life - NBC (features Damien Lewis, who was great in Band of Brothers)
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Viva Laughlin! - CBS (this show is a musical produced by Hugh Jackman, star of film and Broadway. He also has a small role. If it gets three episodes I think that will be longer than anyone expected it to run)

Also coming up this week: Bad Dates at the KC Rep. Seeing it Wednesday, so look out for the review later this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home