4/10/2006

Working for the Man

Sometimes when I'm working hard all day I start thinking about my old boss, Angie. She was disorganized as hell and didn't do a whole lot of actual work, but when she left she said she was going off to start her own independent research company. Since that's basically what I spend quite a few of my days doing, it makes me wonder if I could do something like that. I know I've got mad skillz as far as finding things. I mean, I've been able to pull proverbial needles out of excessively large haystacks before, so that wouldn't bother me, but what I do wonder about is the amount of time spent working versus the amount of time you'd spend pimping yourself, and that doesn't just include the time spent blogging about how good you are (I don't like boasting like that, in fact, that's one of the things that turns me off to hip-hop, the constant boasting. Just an aside, or as it should be more properly known, a tangent). I wonder if Angie was able to make it work. I don't think so, because the last thing I heard about her was that she was back to working for the man, at the public library.

So, to put a cap on this thought, working for the man can suck, but working for yourself and failing doesn't sound like any kind of picnic either.


Went out into the woods yesterday and it was beautiful.

I think Spring has come for us and I'm oddly happy about it. Usually I'm kind of down when it gets hot because I like Winter's starkness, but this year I feel pretty good to be walking around in the warm sunshine. I highly recommend it to anyone who gets down about impending Summer.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Applecart T. said...

no, failing IS bad! : )

dave means that it depends on your definition of failure. . .

self-employment is supposedly awesome. do you work with consultants who are mean and who make more $ than you?

then, you have your answer. just get the loans first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home