5/03/2006

Little Dollop of Heaven


Today, at work, I got a present, a small box, but what it contained was just enough to make a rainy, gloomy day beautiful. It was a box of 12 small jars that contained the best mustard that was ever created. It's Boetje's Dutch Style Mustard! It's without a doubt my favorite condiment in the whole wide world.

Boetje's is a mustard, stone-ground with only five ingredients: water, vinegar, mustard seed, sugar and salt. I tend to think that they forgot one: angel dust, because there's something in this mustard that makes it taste so heavenly. This mustard goes great with any kind of sandwich, and since I eat a sandwich every day at lunch, this is serious business for me.

I ran out of this mustard just this week, but the good people at Boetje Foods in Rock Island, IL came through for me like nobody's business. Ordered through their website (http://www.boetjefoods.com) on Monday, and here it is Wednesday and I've got the goods. You can say that there's better brands of mustards, but you'd be wrong! I've tried to find a similiar mustard in the grocery stores here in Kansas City, but I've only found pale imitations. Even the Hickory Farms people have nothing that's even a shade as tasty as this mustard. If you like the taste of mustard with real flavor behind it, I can't recommend this enough.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how true it is. There is nothing better. The mustard brings out the favors in a way that is unbelievable. I am going to Rock Island later this year and I will be sure to bring at least a case back to Virginia with me.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Applecart T. said...

They have that mustard in St. Louis, I'm sure. I like plain old Plotchman's, too.

And, I'm all for the horseradish. Which comes largely from Collinsville, Ill. The rest is wasabi, from elsewhere.

You know that Melissa's brand of things like mini potatoes, pre-made pesto, etc.? Expensive stuff that is gourmet-like. . . .well, surprise, they have the cheapest basic prepared horseradish, $1.99, when the others (in another location in store, where people would expect to find it, by the other condiments) start in the $3's.

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home